Friday, February 13, 2009

Match mood to weather.

The kids are home today and Monday.
A four day weekend.
Full of rain.
The house has already exploded into a shrine of discarded valentine wrappers, fermenting swimsuits, overdue library books and unbussed dishes.
I could solve that last issue by forcing the kids to eat at a table or counter.
Nah. Too Pleasantville for me.

I'm going to go with the flow this weekend. I will not focus on the exponential expansion of mess and need that comes with everyone being home. All day.

My reward at the end of the "vacation" is jury duty.
Not just ANY jury duty.
Downtown Los Angeles jury duty.
The map for the parking garage on my summons shows me walking some four blocks to get to the courthouse.
The summons doesn't depict the gunfire usually associated with that area, but I think I could smell the residue as I opened the envelope.
It looks like the fortune I earn in reimbursement for serving will be spent (and then some) on better parking accomodations.
I'm sure I'll have a great story to tell.
I haven't even gotten to the part where I imagine myself passing judgement on asshole or innocent.

Here's hoping I don't get set on a jury, I am in no way mature enough to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment