Friday, February 20, 2009

A piece of mind.



For those of you who believe in "tabula rasa", let me share some of the art created by the kids in my house.


I was heading up our back hill to get the mail when I stumbled across our missing shoe box of miscellaneous balls. I have no idea when the stump of a long dead fern was transformed into an explosion of color and texture. I know who did it, but not why. I didn't ask, I just took some pics and went on my way. My baby girl enjoys her own company. I wonder what else she's created when I'm not looking? Note to self, look under her bed.
The other example is, of course, my oldest child. Also a beautiful explosion of color. She created this while sitting almost on top of me, jealous that my attention was focused on another task. She asked me at least four times if it was good. Then she posted it on her bedroom door.
I learn something new each day from these little humans. I have never believed for a second that I am responsible for their personality. I can only help them find the tools to navigate this world as seen through their eyes. The search continues.

2 comments:

  1. ...I have to say that this post actually made me teary. I love your girls with all my heart. Their beauty, creativity and exceptional little personalities that are growing like blooms each day astounds and delights me. Thank you for allowing them to be a part of my life. (Or should I thank China?)...

    ReplyDelete
  2. the poster and the ball art are amazing.....

    ReplyDelete