Monday, December 9, 2013

And so I cry.

Aren't you scared?
I stayed up all night
to check your breathing every hour.
And I cried
because you think it's cool
to drink
until you can't even sit or stand
and lose control of your speech and bladder
and unlock doors that allow your friends
to steal from us
so they can do the same thing.
So I cry.

Aren't you scared
that we are the enemy?
To be deceived
evaded and belittled
for our guidance.
In the light of your choices
I don't see normalcy
but shock
where no one is breathing or blinking
with Christmas wishes for cash
to fund your fun
and values tossed aside as childish
in favor of fitting in.
I can't stop crying.

Aren't you scared?
The choices we made to create for you a
memorable safe and meaningful
life are now
a burden to be
discarded in a quest for the
destruction of your intelligence
beauty and future.

I am scared
So instead of sleep
I cry.
And I think how stupid to provide things
I thought were special
when what you want is
freedom
to face plant on boulders
and into the fire with people who
abandon you in the dark and damage and
steal from you
And to take the money that you saved
for your future
and turn it all into
ashes and piss.

No comments:

Post a Comment