Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My favorite season.

OK, so my spawn have returned to school.
Fourth day now to be exact.
I can run around accomplishing the mundane tasks of "wife and mom" without any input from the peanut gallery about when we should leave Costco or just how many errands is too many in one outing.
Big sigh of relief.
I can browse the net without someone reading over my shoulder and, today, I turned the car stereo WAY up and listened to a whole damn song without interruption.
Another whew.
One problem.
I keep making comments out loud, like maybe someone is listening.
Is it possible that I..gasp..miss them!
That's crazy!
Have they evolved enough from the needy hell that is baby and toddler that I now might actually LIKE having them around?
Oh, shit, I just looked at the time, I only have an hour left before school pick-up.
That's nowhere near enough physical and mental space for one day.
I take it all back, thank god for school.

2 comments:

  1. Hoping the oldest has no more worst days... and a happy birthday to both of them. I know it's around here somewhere...sigh...bad uncle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops bad soon to be aunt too! happy birthday girls! my granchildren are at disneyland right now, wish i was there, i sure miss them

    ReplyDelete